- Mind Mapping Worksheet
Mind Mapping Worksheet
For visual learners, mind mapping can be an effective way to manage, organize, and connect relevant information on a topic. In this prewriting exercise, you will create a visual map of your ideas, including your main topic in a center bubble. Traveling out from this bubble, you will then fill in key themes that relate to that center topic. Finally, radiating from each key theme, you will fill in additional bubbles that detail supporting evidence.
- Create your own mind map from scratch below.
- Begin by filling in the center main topic bubble with a short phrase that represents your topic (e.g., Failure for businesses after 5-year mark)
- Next, type in a key theme related to that center topic bubble (e.g., high employee turnover)
- To complete this thread, write one supporting idea/piece of evidence for this theme (e.g., Cost of retraining new employee = 6-9 months’ salary (Burks, 2016))
- When completed, save your work for future use.